Tuesday, May 8, 2018

I Seek

Hands hold Stick
Blindfold on eyes
A Game to Seek
The paper beast
Stuffed White, Blue, Pink
With hidden treats

A voice speaks:
"Be smart, turn to your right." 
Am I smart? To the right, I turn. 
"Hit it."
Swing the stick with all my might. 
Swoosh! No hit.
An idiot,
Am I?

A voice speaks:
"Turn Left, my Love"
Am I loved?  I go to the left. 
"Hit it."
Swing the stick with all my might. 
Swoosh! No hit.
Unloved, 
Am I?

A voice speaks:
"Turn around, pretty one"
Another one speaks:
"Forward, my dear."

Am I Pretty?
Am I dear?

More voices speak
I follow Each
To be pretty,
To be loved
To be right
But each voice
Leads to Defeat

My arms are weak. 
I ask "What do I seek?" 

My heart speaks.
"Freedom, you seek,
Let go of stick. 
Let your eyes see
See what you seek."

I drop the stick,
I let my eyes see.

The voices that jeer
They're not here.
Mere Phantoms
That lead to defeat. 

Heart's voice is real.
It knows what I seek.
I seek to see
I seek to be free

No comments:

Post a Comment