Monday, September 1, 2014

Getting Lucky

A member of my/our team once asked me, "How did you create opportunities for yourself?"  I asked him what he meant by that question.   He said, "It seems like you've been fairly successful in your career,  how did you get to where you are right now?"

It's a point that I had to ponder upon.  I gave him my responses during our conversation and gave him key points.  After that meeting - I sat down and started to think of the best way to answer the original question:   How does one create opportunity?

My answer - sometimes you just need to get L.U.C.K.Y.

Learn - Where can you find opportunity?  What are the skills you need to succeed?

Undertake the necessary action.  Opportunity knocks - and you have to open the door for it.  Carry out what needs to be done to grab the opportunity

Create and Prepare the groundwork.  People don't build wealth overnight.  They start with savings (whether it's money, relationships, or emotional bank accounts) with the first step.  Over time the investment gets bigger.   

Kindness can bring good Karma.   Open yourself up to the needs of other people.

Yes is a powerful word.  How many opportunities have you turned down because you thought it was difficult?

No comments:

Post a Comment